Peru with Machu Picchu & the Nazca Lines - 2022
Brochure Type: Preview USA Canada and Central America 2022
From two nights in Machu Picchu, to delving into Incan history and learning more about local foods and culture and archaeology, prepare for a leisurely, enriching trip in Peru. Along the way, nourish your taste palates with a traditional Peruvian feast at Laguna Piuray and tasty regional treats in Cusco. Your Travel Director will be on hand throughout your trip to offer local advice, recommendations and travel tips.
- Paracas: Explore this beautiful area before heading to the nearby city of Ica for lunch and a pisco distillery for a tasting.
- Lima: Unwind at your luxury abode, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers in the evening for a Welcome Dinner.
- Lima: Indulge on a Highlight Lunch in its 18th century garden setting.
- Sacred Valley After a few photo opportunities along the way to the Sacred Valley, enjoy lunch at Altar Inca.
- Sacred Valley: Make your way to Laguna Piuray where you'll enjoy your Highlight Lunch of Pachamanca, a traditional Peruvian feast.
- Sacred Valley: Explore its grounds and sit down for a special Peruvian Dinner.
- Machu Picchu: Enjoy lunch on your way to Machu Picchu pueblo.
- Machu Picchu: End your day with dinner and drinks at your hotel.
- Machu Picchu: Head back to your hotel to unwind, before sitting down to a Highlight Dinner with your fellow travellers.
- Cusco: Have lunch at Pachapapa.
- Cusco: Try some local delicacies paired with hot wine at the city's planetarium.
- Cusco: In the evening, join your fellow travellers for a memorable Celebration Dinner at Calle del Medio, where you will toast to your adventure.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Cusco Later, make your way to the city's planetarium for a private, after-hours tour.
- Machu Picchu: In the afternoon, take your first guided visit to Machu Picchu, where you'll meet your Local Experts.
- Lima: Explore with your Local Expert this morning, including the Cathedral of Lima, the Government Palace, Archbishop's Palace and the City Hall.
- Lima: After lunch, meet a local guide who will take you around the museum's private collection.
- Sacred Valley: Start with a visit to the Maras salt pans. Move on to an Incan laboratory in Moray, then visit and support a local traditional Quechua weaver.
- Machu Picchu: On the way, visit the Ollantaytambo ruins. Visit a local house in the village and meet the family living there.
- Machu Picchu: Transfer to the station for your 360 IncaRail train ride.
- Cusco: Once you arrive, head on a walking tour with a Local Expert. Visit its cathedral and the Korikancha temple.
- Cusco: Start your day with a walking tour of Cusco, before heading to Sacsayhuaman.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (319) 665-3321 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15392596
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lima||The Nazca Lines.: Arrive in Lima for the first day of your Nazca excursion. Situated in southern Peru, Nazca Lines is made up of around 300 geoglyphs, spread over 500 square metres. These include impressive animal and plant drawings. In the evening meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at the hotel bar for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Paracas||Paracas.: In the morning, head on a leisurely coastal drive to the beach town of Paracas. Known for its sandy beaches, wildlife and the Paracas Candelabra geoglyph, take in the area from the air with an aircraft ride over the mysterious Nazca Lines. This really is the best way to view this UNESCO World Heritage Site in all its glory and it is one of our top-rated highlights. In the evening, catch up on your day, as you enjoy dinner with your fellow travellers at your luxury hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Paracas, a Luxury Collection Resort.
|Day 3||Ballestas Islands||Ballestas Islands.: Cameras at the ready, as you head on a scenic cruise to the Ballestas Islands. Famous for its rock formations and marine life, head to a wildlife sanctuary that holds over 200 species of birds including Peruvian boobies, Inca terns, pelicans, red-legged cormorants and Humboldt penguins. Explore this beautiful area before heading to the nearby city of Ica for lunch. Visit a pisco distillery for a tasting, before moving on to a local museum, where you'll learn more about the city's culture. After, enjoy a free dinner to dine on your own. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 4||Lima||Coastal Peru and Lima.: The final day of your Nazca extension will begin by the coast. Meet a local fisherman who will talk to you about their daily life and routine. Enjoy lunch at a historic hacienda on your way to Lima. You'll get a tour of the plantation and learn more about a dark chapter in Peruvian history and the area's heart-breaking past of slavery in the cotton business. You'll also visit the long tunnels which were used to bring slaves from the coast to the hacienda. If you are joining the Peru with Machu Picchu journey today, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Unwind at your luxury abode, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers in the evening for a Welcome Dinner with drinks. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Lima||Explore Lima.: Explore the colourful capital of Peru in the morning with your Local Expert. Delve into its colonial past and see key attractions, including the Cathedral of Lima, the Government Palace, Archbishop's Palace and the City Hall. Visit the San Francisco Monastery and its underground cemetery. One for those with an appreciation for art, head to Museo Larco, a private museum located in Lima's Pueblo Libre District. It is the highest-rated museum in South America and houses the largest collection of Pre-Columbian art. Indulge on a Highlight Lunch in its 18th century garden setting. After lunch, meet a local guide who will take you around the Museo Larco and share the museum's private collection with you. Delve into Peruvian culture, it's ancient history and religious beliefs. Return to your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 6||Sacred Valley||Lima to Sacred Valley.: Take a transfer to the airport in the morning, where you'll catch your flight to Cusco. Begin your tour of the Sacred Valley. On the way, take in impressive views on your scenic drive. There will be several places to stop for photo opportunities along the way. Enjoy lunch at Altar Inca. It is here you'll find the most impressive views of the area. Move leisurely on to your hotel for the next couple of nights. The evening is yours to do with as you please. We recommend that you rest in order to adjust to the altitude comfortably. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness.
|Day 7||Sacred Valley||Explore Sacred Valley.: Start the morning off with a visit to the Maras salt pans, where the Incas harvested their salt. Today, the salt from Maras is exported to the entire world. Move on to an Incan laboratory in Moray, an archaeological site close to Cusco. Find out more about the ideal altitude to grow crops in the Sacred Valley and learn about ancient weaving techniques in a private textile presentation. You'll also have the opportunity to visit and support a local traditional Quechua weaver in the Sacred Valley and learn about the importance these textiles have in shaping personal and regional identities. Make your way to Laguna Piuray where you'll enjoy Pachamanca, a traditional Peruvian feast, for your Highlight Lunch. In the evening, transfer to Hacienda Huayoccari, a gem of the Sacred Valley. Explore its grounds and visit a small museum there. Sit down for a special Peruvian dinner before heading back to your hotel, the luxury Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Machu Picchu||Explore Machu Picchu.: Transfer to the station for your IncaRail train ride. Enjoy lunch on your way to Machu Picchu pueblo, the gateway village to Machu Picchu. On the way, visit the Ollantaytambo ruins. Visit a local house in the village's cobblestoned old town and meet the family living there. In the afternoon, visit Machu Picchu, where you'll meet your Local Experts for a guided visit in small groups. They will take you through the ruins and explain their historical and archaeological significance, as well the importance of their location. Set high in the Andes Mountains, it offers spectacular scenery and history, dating back to the 15th century. End your day with dinner and drinks at your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Inkaterra Hotel, Machu Picchu
|Day 9||Machu Picchu||Machu Picchu at Leisure.: Take in the breathtaking landscapes of Machu Picchu for a second time. Spend your morning exploring at your own pace, with your Travel Director on hand to answer any queries you may have. The afternoon is yours at leisure. Relax back at your hotel or perhaps explore the town of Aguas Calientes on your own. Head back to your hotel to unwind, before sitting down to a Highlight Dinner with your fellow travellers. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Cusco||Cusco: After breakfast, return by train to Ollantaytambo, where you will transfer to the ancient city of Cusco. Once the capital of the Inca Empire, Cusco showcases a mix of Spanish colonial architecture, ancient remains and a lively cosmopolitan scene for modern inhabitants. On arrival in Cusco, head on a walking tour with a Local Expert. Visit its cathedral and the Korikancha temple, the most important temple in the Inca Empire. The evening is yours at leisure. Ask your Travel Director for local restaurant and bar recommendations. (Breakfast)|
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.
|Day 11||Cusco||Exploring Cusco.: Start your day with a walking tour of Cusco, before heading to Sacsayhuaman, a citadel built in the reign of Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui, the ninth Sapa Inca of the Kingdom of Cusco. After lunch at Pachapapa, visit San Blas Church and the surrounding streets, before making your way to San Pedro Market, where you will find local produce. Later, make your way to the city's planetarium, for a private, after-hours tour. Learn about astronomy, cosmology, and its influence on Andean culture. While here, try some local delicacies paired with hot wine. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 12||Cusco||Leisure time in Cusco.: Choose between optional visits to Rainbow Mountain, the ChocoMuseo, where you'll learn more about the chocolate making process, or perhaps relax and simply enjoy the facilities at your hotel? Set in a beautiful 16th century building, make the most of this boutique hotel's signature spa and Andean-inspired healing treatments, massages, facials and custom spa packages. In the evening, join your fellow travellers for a memorable Celebration Dinner at Calle del Medio, where you will toast to your adventure and end of your trip. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 13||Cusco||Depart Cusco: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as your trip comes to an end. Take a private transfer to Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class